Creating a special treat for your Valentine doesn’t have to be difficult or take a lot of time, money, or ingredients. What matters most is that it’s a little something special that comes from the heart.
When I think heart, I think food and nothing makes me happier than a little something special with all of my hubby’s favorites in it. My friends at Nebraska Furniture Mart, along with Frigidaire Gallery and See’s Candies asked me to join in with their Valentine’s promotion and create a recipe using a surprise box of See’s Candies they were sending me. I was so excited when I received the Premium Extra Dark Chocolate bars. They are perfect for us and I didn’t need to buy one thing to make that special Valentine’s treat in no time for my honey.
What I love most about this recipe is that you can make each 5 ounce bark individualized for the person you are giving it to, just by using their favorite flavors…
- 3 1.5oz bars of See’s Candies Premium Extra Dark Chocolate or whichever See’s Chocolate you choose.
- 3 tbsp total of your Valentine’s favorite nuts, dried fruit, or other fillings like marshmallows, ginger, caramel bits, or coconut flakes. For mine, I used dried cherries, candied ginger, walnuts, and cashews
- Chop your nuts, dried fruit, and fillings into small pieces.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a small cookie sheet.
- Melt the chocolate. I melt mine in a small pot over a pot of boiling water like a double boiler, but you can also melt it in the microwave in a glass bowl. Just watch it carefully as each microwave cooks differently.
- When the chocolate is melted, pour on to the parchment paper. It will form a circle.
- Sprinkle the nuts, dried fruit, and fillings on the chocolate.
- Place the bark on the cookie sheet into the freezer until it hardens, usually in about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and break into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
DONE! See how easy that was. You can even put the bark in a nice container/package for gifting if you choose.
Be sure to check out the special promotions happening now at Nebraska Furniture Mart.
Disclosure: I was provided with the See’s Candies to make this recipe. I was not paid for this post and all opinions expressed are my own.
I am a home cook that does things my way. In my kitchen, I make breakfast, pack lunches, prepare snacks, and cook dinner. During the week, we eat real food that is homemade, organic, and local. On the weekends we do explore more of our local restaurants. I bake my own bread, juice fresh oranges every other day, and make my own kombucha and other weekly favorites.