Okay, how often does this happen at your house…
You are headed out of town the next day and need to use up what is in the frig. Yet, you want a protein-filled, healthy, real dinner. Well, honestly, I want that dinner every night and I want it fast and easy. Here’s a recipe that checks all the boxes. This sheet pan salmon dinner is quick and easy and oh, so good…
- Sheet pan with a piece of parchment for easy cleaning
- Bowl for tossing
- Cutting board
- Good knife
- One medium onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 portions of salmon
- 1/2 pound of spinach
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Directions for Sheet Pan Salmon
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice onion into rounds and peel and slice potatoes into rounds.
- Put both in a bowl, add about 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper, and toss together.
- When onions and potatoes are coated, pour onto sheet pan, and place in the oven.
- Cook about 20-30 minutes until potatoes are getting soft.
- While potatoes and onions are cooking, prep the spinach and salmon. I used fresh leaf spinach so I have to wash, remove the stem, and chop.
- Remove the skin from the salmon, if not already done.
- When the potatoes are just getting soft, remove the sheet pan from the oven.
- Place the spinach on the potatoes and the salmon on top of the spinach.
- Squeeze the lemon over the entire pan, being a little extra heavy-handed on the salmon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pan back in the oven for 12-15 minutes until salmon is just cooked through to your liking.
I am a home cook that does things my way. In my kitchen, I make breakfast, pack lunches, prepare snacks, and cook dinner. During the week, we eat real food that is homemade, organic, and local. On the weekends we do explore more of our local restaurants. I bake my own bread, juice fresh oranges every other day, and make my own kombucha and other weekly favorites.