If you are headed to Ironman Arizona, it’s time to start thinking details if you haven’t already. If you don’t plan ahead, you just might miss out on the best places to stay. We’ve been there multiple times so have some great suggestions for Ironman Arizona hotels that are convenient to the race.
Even though there’s less down time at the Arizona race due to the number of loops, it’s still great to have a place to take a break in private; you don’t have to worry about parking the day of the race; and when your athlete finishes, they can go to the room and shower, grab a bite to eat, and then you can all head back to cheer everyone else on at the finish line.
We will give you both our suggestions and the full list from the Ironman Arizona website. When we comprised our list, we focused on location, location, location. All of our hotels are within walking distance of the race site; some closer than others. It’s just really nice to be close, especially if you have children.
So, here is our suggested list of Ironman Arizona hotels:
- We stay at the Tempe Mission Palms. It is right off Mill Avenue – the main street of Tempe – and the most accessible for race day. In years past, we liked that we had two early morning breakfast options; either the hotel restaurant which you can grab and go or a block away, there’s a Starbucks which opens super early race day.
- Right across the bridge and again within walking distance are these hotel options:
- For those watching their budget, The Best Western is a great choice. It offers free airport shuttle, complimentary full breakfast, and is only 1/2 mile from ASU.
- One of our favorite brands is Aloft. They usually have great prices and are very accommodating. These hotels can be very good for groups, as they have great gathering places and are designed to be fun.
- Four Points by Sheraton – They are located next to ASU, so within walking distance and have a very nice workout facility and outdoor pool. Besides all the usual amenities, they offer room service and have a 24 hour food pantry.
- These 2 hotels are several miles away from the race site, but they offer shuttle service into town, plus to many other area locations:
- The Hyatt Place Tempe – They offer room service, a bakery cafe, and a 24 hr. fitness center. Just saying, it’s closest to In and Out Burger…
- Embassy Suites Tempe – If you need a lot of room, this hotel is all one and two bedroom suites. Plus, they offer complimentary cooked to order breakfasts and have a nice workout center and outdoor lap pool.
Two tips when booking:
- Call the hotel directly for the best deal and ask what is the best deal. Don’t be shy…..
- If they are fully booked and you want to stay there, ask to be placed on the wait list and then call every other week to see if any rooms have become available.
Here is the Ironman Arizona link that has more hotel options. You may also want to check out their VIP Packages for a little TLC. Before you go, must reads include our IMAZ Food and Fun, which will give you great things to see and do and places to eat while you’re in town!
DO YOU HAVE A TIP TO OFFER FOR BOOKING A HOTEL FOR IRONMAN ARIZONA?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.