I love this bread. It tastes sooooo good and couldn’t be easier to make. You can have warm, toasty bread in no time. Plus, you can add your own spices, veges, herbs, and/or cheese to suit your tastes; experiment with different beers and ales to add different flavor; AND it freezes well. What’s not to love….
First: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose self-rising flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 – 12 oz. can cold beer
- Melted butter or margarine
- Mix together first 4 ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour into greased or sprayed 9 X 5 loaf pan (leave lumpy on top – do not smooth out).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over top.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Also great the next day in the toaster!
OPTIONS TO ADD TO BEER BATTER:
- Fresh or dried herbs such as rosemary, oregano, dill, chives, or basil. I usually add about 2 tbsp.
- Chopped garlic, sliced scallion, cheddar cheese, even raisins (soak them before adding). I usually add about 1/2 cup.
- Use your imagination and try different combinations!
Let everyone think that you spent so much time making this bread! They will love it and ask you for the recipe….
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE EASY BREAD TO MAKE?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.