Are you making oatmeal for breakfast? What a stupid question! Chances are pretty good you are or will be soon, especially if you live with a triathlete. So, just make an extra cup for leftovers and you can whip up these yummy blueberry oatmeal muffins in a flash! Or, if you’re just looking for a better way to sneak oatmeal into your life or your family’s…..
Preheat oven to 350.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (you can also use almond, chickpea, or coconut flour if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I use 1/2 cup if using almond, chickpea, coconut, or other flour with a higher sugar content)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted – or you can use butter or other choice of oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce – or you can use 2 eggs or a mashed banana if you prefer
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup wild blueberries – organic frozen are great
In one bowl mix:
- whole wheat flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
In mixer or another bowl mix:
- coconut oil
Note: if using coconut oil, bring both oil and applesauce to room temperature to mix well
- cooked oatmeal
- Combine both bowls
Note: the dough will be a bit loose – do not add any other liquids or it will not cook correctly – it should be sticky, not smooth
- Line muffin tin with baking cups
- Pour batter into cups – about 3/4 full
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
Feed to husband, family, yourself, and everyone will want seconds! Enjoy…..
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE USE FOR OATMEAL?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.