It has been a VERY eventful 2014 for us and we have certainly taken the good with the bad. It has proven just how life has a way of rerouting your best laid plans, how precious it all is, and how NONE of it can be taken for granted….
Through it all, we ended up having so much to be grateful for. We decided to keep the tradition alive that we started last year and share with you what we are giving thanks for. We’re sure you have much in your life to be grateful for, too. So, why not take a breather BEFORE the chaos of the holidays begins and acknowledge all the good in your life. Besides our families, health, AND having our blog reach the year milestone – thanks to all of you – here are a few things we came up with that will keep us motivated and make us smile.
- I am grateful that I chose the right course of treatment for my pup, Kayla, when she was diagnosed with cancer. We have been blessed to have her happy and healthy in our lives for 8 months now and counting, when we weren’t sure that would be the case last March.
- I am thankful that my triathlete had the great fortune to race at both the 70.3 and Ironman World Championships this year. What an accomplishment and great time had by both trihubby and triwife. I am also grateful that he chose to view both races as icing on the cake and just enjoyed the experiences, rather than focusing on the competition.
- I am very appreciative that Dana and I have found a rhythm to our partnership and work off each other’s strengths and weaknesses. We’re very fortunate that what she’s good at I may lack in and vice versa. Funny how that worked out.
- I am thankful for being given a renewed energy to get involved with new charities and expand my work in current passions. I kind of waned in my enthusiasm for a bit there, but after feeling an emptiness in my day-to-day routine, realized I was not really contributing to my community anymore and made changes. I now know how important this aspect of my life is and how my involvement keeps me feeling alive and filled with purpose. Giving back to organizations that have meaning in my life is truly vital to my well-being.
- I am grateful that I am still enthusiastic to learn new things and wake up wanting to write content and work on the TriWivesClub. I am also grateful that this blog brought me out of my comfort zone and forced me to do things I could just choose NOT to do before, but have to do now for work. While sometimes painful, it is also invigorating…
- I am grateful for my husband’s wonderful recovery from being hit by a drunk driver on his training ride in May. It could have been so much worse; one second earlier and he would not be here with us today. But, this accident has forever changed our family. We never believed that everything happens for a reason, but now we know it does.
- I am grateful my triathlete has registered for 4 races so far in 2015. He will be so happy back out on the courses and I will be happy to be back traveling for races and being around all our triathlon friends again.
- I cannot express how full of thanks I am when I realize now what awesome people my twins have turned out to be. I am also so grateful for having had such a wonderful partner in David; we must have done something right together in raising our children. Being parents of college bound children can be so hard, especially when they both leave at once. The twins were so ready and so well-adjusted, it put us at ease to let them venture out on their own, which leads me to #4.
- I am so thankful for this thing called empty nesting. Although we miss the twins greatly, this whole being together thing is really cool. It’s like dating again, but at a much better phase of our lives.
- I am so grateful and so thankful for my blogging friends and networks. TravelingMom.com, FitFluential, Omaha Blogging Network, and all of my friends and colleagues I have met through blogging and social media. The support I receive from you, whether it’s advise, leads, campaigns, travel, or just good old support and friendship makes my job so much fun!
We truly hope you have a wonderful holiday and appreciate all of the good in your life, big and small. And, if life is proving to be difficult or testing you right now, we wish you all the best to get through these times and hope they pass quickly. Happy holiday…
– DANA AND SHERRY
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR THIS YEAR?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.