Well, I’ve kind of gone over my 30 Minute Healthy Dinners promise. This recipe actually takes 35 minutes, if you include the 5 minutes it took me in the morning to make the marinade and throw the steak in. You can even get this done while you’re making breakfast. But, if you really can’t get do this step, flank steak is equally yummy just grilled with a little salt and pepper, so your choice. All amounts are about; add less or more of what you like.
Sesame Flank Steak
Pomegranate Brussels Sprouts and
Sweet Potato Fries
SESAME FLANK STEAK
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (you can use olive oil, but I recommend you invest in some toasted sesame oil – it has a really nice flavor)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- Mix ingredients well and put flank steak in marinade
- Cover and put in fridge
- Flip over a few times during the day, if you have time
- Take steak out of the frig and flip over a few times until time to grill
- Grill about 7-8 minutes on each side
- Leave 5 minutes for it to rest on the cutting board before serving
POMEGRANATE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 3-4 cups brussels sprouts – fresh or frozen (I like to slice mine in half if fresh).
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 pomegranate or the equivalent seeds (you can now buy these in the precut fruit section of most stores)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook brussels sprouts until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook 6 slices of bacon. (I actually precook bacon on the weekend with breakfast one day to use for purposes like this). If cooking bacon now, dice and cook until done.
- Drain brussels sprouts and put in large bowl
- Add pomegranate seeds, bacon, and maple syrup
- Grind in some salt and pepper and toss
SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into fries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toss sweet potatoes with the olive oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes
Enjoy dinner! If you need any help cutting the sweet potatoes into fries, just ask. Oh, Sherry made these last night with faux bacon as she is vegetarian and loved them…
DO YOU HAVE A QUICK AND HEALTHY RECIPE TO SHARE?
I am a home cook that does things my way. In my kitchen, I make breakfast, pack lunches, prepare snacks, and cook dinner. During the week, we eat real food that is homemade, organic, and local. On the weekends we do explore more of our local restaurants. I bake my own bread, juice fresh oranges every other day, and make my own kombucha and other weekly favorites.