Looking for hot chocolate bar ideas? Why not turn a simple cup of hot cocoa into a festive treat for a group? Use these easy hot chocolate bar ideas and prepare for delicious fun. Learn how to make your own recipe, or use our guide for inspiration.
Hot chocolate is the perfect drink for snuggling by the fire on a cold winter’s night. But why settle for a boring mug of hot cocoa when you could be sipping on a delicious and customized cup made just for you? And why would you want to drink it alone if you could sip your concoction among a group?
One of our favorite winter traditions is setting up a hot chocolate bar. It’s perfect for family gatherings, friendly get-togethers, and cozy nights by the fire. It takes an otherwise boring drink and elevates it to as fancy as you want!
Whether you make hot chocolate from scratch or use a mix, this is one drink that is always a hit on a cold day.
A hot chocolate bar is a fun and easy way to turn a simple cup of hot cocoa into a festive treat. It couldn’t be easier to put together. Just set out all of the ingredients and let your guests customize their own drinks.
Add a festive touch by serving them in holiday mugs, and don’t forget the whipped cream and mini marshmallows!
How to Set Up Your Hot Chocolate Bar
What You’ll Need:
- A serving tray or tiered stand
- An assortment of mugs
- A variety of hot chocolate mixes (we love Ghirardelli and Swiss Miss!)
- Whipped cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
Start by setting out a serving tray or tiered stand. Or you can arrange all of your ingredients and toppings on a table or counter in an easily accessible way. Then, arrange the mugs however you like. We think it looks cute to mix and match different sizes, colors, and patterns!
Next, set out all of the hot chocolate mixes. If you want to get fancy, you can even make your own homemade mix. Try our favorite homemade hot chocolate recipe.
Hot Chocolate Bar Ideas
- Set out hot cocoa bombs, which are all the rage right now! You can find them at most stores or make them yourself at home.
- If you want to get fancy, set up a flavoring bar with different syrups and oils that can be added to plain hot chocolate to give it an extra boost of flavor. Popular choices include peppermint, hazelnut, and vanilla extract.
- For an added touch, provide cinnamon sticks that can be used as stirrers.
Hot Chocolate Toppings!
The possibilities are endless when it comes to toppings! We like to give our guests many options to customize their hot chocolate however they want. Simply set out your toppings in small bowls and let everyone choose their favorites. Get creative and have fun with it. Here are some hot chocolate bar ideas to get you started:
- Whipped cream – Whipped cream is an essential component of any good hot chocolate bar, so be sure to have plenty on hand.
- mini marshmallows – Marshmallows are a classic hot chocolate topping that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. If you’re feeling creative, try making your own homemade marshmallows!
- candy canes
- peppermint extract
- hazelnut syrup
Set out mugs and spoons, and don’t forget the napkins!
These hot chocolate bar ideas are so easy to do, but they look impressive! Once you have officially set up your hot chocolate and toppings, you are ready for all your festivities! We hope these tips help you create cherished memories with your friends and loved ones this winter.
I am a home cook that does things my way. In my kitchen, I make breakfast, pack lunches, prepare snacks, and cook dinner. During the week, we eat real food that is homemade, organic, and local. On the weekends we do explore more of our local restaurants. I bake my own bread, juice fresh oranges every other day, and make my own kombucha and other weekly favorites.