Whew…We’re tired just looking at this schedule ourselves. But, it’s all good! It’s a busy month for the TriWivesClub, as we hit the road for both triathlon-related, blogging activities and just some R & R. You can find us in October at:
- The Ironman World Championship in Kona. Okay, this is really a highlight of the month; both from the standpoint of my husband doing the race and all the ceremony surrounding it and I’ll be in Hawaii!!!! This year we will be staying at the Four Seasons Hualalai prior to moving to the King Kamehameha at the race site. Granted, we would love to remain at the Four Seasons, but the King K offers so much convenience for the days before the race. It’s perfect for the athletes as they prepare for the race and centrally located for us to hang with friends. Not to mention, it’s the perfect location for race day and this triwife has to be close to the action to talk to all of you there and get pictures! While my triathlete will be participating in the Underpants Run that’s trying to set a Guiness World Book record, I will be capturing it for all to see (so happy I have an excuse…..)
- Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks on a Press Trip. This is actually our very first press trip! We will enjoy spa treatments, local chefs, horseback riding, hikes and more. We are excited to check out this four diamond resort. Watch for our review on TravelingMom. Actually, we were both supposed to go together, but when Carl got a spot to Kona, things changed and Dana asked a fellow TravelingMom to share the experience with her. It’s much more fun to travel with a friend…
- An annual trip to Naples, FL to spend time with our friends from the UK. My trihubby always loves getting in some great training and we both enjoy much needed down time. Naples is a great venue for food, shopping, enjoying the beach, and training. Oh, and truly most important, we get to see friends we only see maybe once a year. They are first time grandparents this year, so am sure we will be inundated with baby “B” stories and happily so…
- A conference trip to Kansas City to attend ChoppedCon, a blogging conference for food writers. We are looking forward to wonderful speakers and great networking. We have started to research where to eat and it looks like KC has some real gems. If anyone has any ideas, please share!!!
- And the most anticipated trip of all for Dana – to Boston and Saratoga Springs for College Parent weekends – THEIR FIRST! Not much to say about this without tears of excitement forming…
So if you need us, we’ll be on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram….
– THE TRIWIVES
WHAT’S KEEPING YOU BUSY IN OCTOBER?
WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT YOUR FIRST COLLEGE PARENT’S WEEKEND?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.
October 1, 2014
Leave a comment