There is nothing is the world like a hungry triathlete and I mean nothing! There are a few times when all the planning and nutrition plans just do not work. Like a long day at the office and they are not able to get their afternoon snack and they get home for a workout with nothing in the belly. These times call for desperate measures and at this time of day, I am usually deep into the dinner making process.
So, I had to get creative and make not only something that would be quick, but also taste good, and be nutritious for his workout. These sandwiches became such a hit we have worked them into our snack, training, and race nutrition.
- 2 slices of bread – I use my homemade whole wheat, but you can use whatever you choose or a banana.
- 1 heaping tablespoon Nuttzo
- Berries – I like to use raspberries or blackberries as they smash well
- Seed mix – I always have a jar of seed mix around. This month it includes flax and chia seeds and bee pollen.
- Spread the Nuttzo http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LJAFY8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003LJAFY8&linkCode=as2&tag=water0009-20&linkId=DKODNWALHC542D2T evenly on each slice on bread.
- Put berries on one slice and smash with a fork.
- Sprinkle seed mix on berries.
- Put the top on cut in half and done.
Okay, now that was beyond easy. Right? And doesn’t it look amazing? Just wait until you taste it…
What else would you add?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.