When making dinner the other night, I was 10 minutes from getting it on the table when my daughter asked, “Can we have biscuits and honey?” Who am I to say no, but since I didn’t want to leave the kitchen and go to the store, I decided to use what I had on hand and make my own biscuits. So, I just started yelling out 2 of these and 3 of those to the twins and 20 minutes later, we had hot biscuits on the table and honey. And here’s how…
The Quickest Easiest Biscuit Recipe Ever
Pre-heat oven to 475 and line ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 cups flour – I used 1 cup whole wheat pastry and one cup unbleached white.
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar – You can cut down if you want less.
- 3 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk – I used 1/4 buttermilk and 1/2 whole milk.
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil – I prefer vegetable oil.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the milk and oil.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Knead with your hands until dough is firm.
- Pull off into 12 equal parts and form each into discs – they don’t have to be perfect.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet lined in parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes until just golden.
Enjoy in no time! And, of course, these aren’t just for dinner. Think of the possibilities for breakfast – melted butter, homemade strawberry rhubarb jam…
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE BISCUIT RECIPE TO SHARE?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub and LifeDoneWell co-founders and contributes to multiple blogs. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include traveling, real food, the environment, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.