These muffins are very easy and so delicious. They can be made with or without chocolate chips and depending on the chips you use, vegan or not. High quality chocolate generally does not contain dairy, but check the ingredients. My family always asks for them. Hope yours does, too!
For these delicious muffins, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar – I tried honey as a substitute – don’t
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup hemp or plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax seed egg – 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed blended with 2 tablespoon water
- 1 cup rough chopped fresh cherries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
And here’s how it’s done:
- Melt coconut oil and when room temperature, add the milk, flaxseed egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, except chips and cherries.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just combined.
- Turn in cherries and chips.
- Line a muffin tim with papers.
- Put dough in the muffin tin papers.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
I am a home cook that does things my way. In my kitchen, I make breakfast, pack lunches, prepare snacks, and cook dinner. During the week, we eat real food that is homemade, organic, and local. On the weekends we do explore more of our local restaurants. I bake my own bread, juice fresh oranges every other day, and make my own kombucha and other weekly favorites.