I really love when I can get dinner done in 30 minutes, but added bonuses are healthy, real food AND limited dishes…
When I am preparing one of my 30 minute healthy dinners, I spend the first 3 minutes pulling together all of the ingredients. Here is what you will need for dinner for 2, so double as needed to make for more…
1 pot with a lid to make wild rice
1 sauté pan to make fish
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 salmon filets salt and peppered
- 1 nice size shallot sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 lemons to juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A splash of white wine if you have
- About 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 big handfuls of baby spinach
- Prepare the Wild Rice as directed. Most call for 1 cup wild rice to 3 cups liquid. (I mix my own rices, so it is often 1:4). It usually takes takes 20-30 minutes to cook.
- While the rice cooks prepare the salmon.
- In your sauté pan, put 1 tbsp olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add sliced shallot and garlic and sauté until just transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add salmon, cooking on one side for 2 minutes and then flip.
- Add lemon juice, wine, and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes and flip salmon.
- Add spinach on top of salmon and cook covered an additional 3 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Remove from heat so salmon does not overcook.
Put the rice on the plate, cover with a piece of salmon, and top with the spinach mixture. DONE!
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE 30 MINUTE HEALTHY MEAL?
I am a home cook that does things my way. In my kitchen, I make breakfast, pack lunches, prepare snacks, and cook dinner. During the week, we eat real food that is homemade, organic, and local. On the weekends we do explore more of our local restaurants. I bake my own bread, juice fresh oranges every other day, and make my own kombucha and other weekly favorites.