I really love when I can get dinner done in 30 minutes, but added bonuses are healthy, real food AND limited dishes…
When I am preparing one of my 30 minute healthy dinners, I spend the first 3 minutes pulling together all of the ingredients. Here is what you will need for dinner for 2, so double as needed to make for more…
1 pot with a lid to make wild rice
1 sauté pan to make fish
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 salmon filets salt and peppered
- 1 nice size shallot sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 lemons to juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A splash of white wine if you have
- About 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 big handfuls of baby spinach
- Prepare the Wild Rice as directed. Most call for 1 cup wild rice to 3 cups liquid. (I mix my own rices, so it is often 1:4). It usually takes takes 20-30 minutes to cook.
- While the rice cooks prepare the salmon.
- In your sauté pan, put 1 tbsp olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add sliced shallot and garlic and sauté until just transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add salmon, cooking on one side for 2 minutes and then flip.
- Add lemon juice, wine, and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes and flip salmon.
- Add spinach on top of salmon and cook covered an additional 3 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Remove from heat so salmon does not overcook.
Put the rice on the plate, cover with a piece of salmon, and top with the spinach mixture. DONE!
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE 30 MINUTE HEALTHY MEAL?
Sherry is one of the TriWivesClub’s founders. She is also a contributor at TravelingMom & Challenge Family. She has been her triathlete husband’s biggest supporter and co-traveler for over 15 years. She is a former co-owner of the California Apparel News and had a career in the healthcare industry. Her passions include running, traveling, real food, and animal rescue/welfare. She lives a healthy lifestyle and has been a vegetarian since 1987. She and her husband are parents to two rescue pups and reside in Connecticut.